Ahhhh, two words that I just love....Going= I love to go and do.... and then Home= I love love love home! Dorothy had it right when she said "There's no place like home." Tonights visit home had such great unexpected surprises. I mean time playing and visiting with family is great but then surprise visits is even better. Tonight while helping (watching) my dad work on the pump for the pool, my Uncle Art (Ark) drove up with my older childhood friend Stephen. You see I grew up in an extremely small town and lived even farther out of town so the only people near my age were boys. No wonder all my friends wanted to stay over at my house....Ha! Well anyways Stephen is at least 5 years older but is probably one of my favorite older (adopted) brothers. We had the opportunity to catch up for awhile and then of course we headed down memory lane. Now many people would say it would be horrible to grow up in a small town but Stephen and I would argue that point by the stories we talked about. It made me long for younger days and wish the miles that have drifted so many of my friends away would shorten just a little. Just a few of our memories and a few I thought about after he left:
- Gwen's crazy ideas of always giving us something to get into
- Throwing fireworks out of the Brock's minivan.
- Snow days (we all slept at one house --it looked like a war zone with bodies laying everywhere--and then spent the next day riding the country and playing in the snow)
- The Rain Makers ( a singing group that we were all a part of .....everytime we went to sing it would rain and normally tornandos would be near us)
- Swinging and talking
- Riding bikes
- Movie nights
- Driving to New Albany to go to Wal Mart....sad but true
- Laughter and lots of it!
Thanks to all my friends that were apart of those days! They and you will always be a treasured part of my heart!
1 comment:
Those were some GREAT times!
Post a Comment