Friday, March 11, 2011

A recipe post

While in college I was blessed to meet some of the coolest people. I loved having the opportunity to meet these people and getting to hear their stories. One of the coolest girls that I met was sweet Leslie Hale! Leslie was from Arkansas and actually went to the same college (junior) that my parent's attended. So needless to say after getting married Leslie moved to Mississippi and attended to Blue Mountain with me. Leslie is one of those sweet girls who can always make you smile. She is so funny and I loved sitting near her in class every chance I got ( I am pretty sure Mrs. West wanted us to stay far apart)! Well now Leslie and her sweet family live in Texas but we still get to communicate through facebook and blogspot. This week Leslie posted this wonderful recipe. I cooked it on Wednesday night and thought I needed to share it with the blogging world.

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce
1 (10 ounce) can of refrigerated pizza dough
1 package of sliced part skim mozzarella cheese
1 (lb) of ground beef (she used lean, I used turkey meet.....you can't tell the difference)
Then you can add turkey pepperoni, olives, mushrooms.....you know pizza toppings!

While the meat cooks
Coat 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Unroll pizza crust and press into the bottom of the dish.
Lay a couple of slices of cheese on the dish.

Add tomato sauce to the meat once it's cooked and drained.
And then add all your pizza topings I let it simmer for a few mins.

Then pour that meat/sauce mixture into the crust.

Bake uncovered at 425 for 12 mins.
Remove add a layer of cheese and continue to bake 5 more mins.
Let cool for 5 mins and then enjoy!


Thanks for sharing Leslie! I can't wait to cook this for Jonathon this week! We are on Spring Break! That means no YMCA, no teaching, no grad school!!!! Woohooo we may actually get to spend some quality time together and even start setting up our future home!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Okay...I don't know how I missed this sweet post from you. Some how I stumbled upon your blog (which I somehow didn't know about!) and found it.

You better get back to blogging, Girl. Now that I've found you, I'll be reading!